Friday, July 27, 2012

Because These Things Will Change

So there we were standing in the middle of my living room.  I could now believe that everything was perfect in my life.  Brandon was always right. He knew I needed to break myself free from Nick.  I knew I should have listened to him sooner. Brandon was the one that I should have been with all along.  I could see this all perfectly clear now.

"Do you know how long I have been waiting to do that?" Brandon said with a smile across his face.

"Umm I don't know.  Tell me." I said giving him another quick, cute kiss.

''Since the day I first had the guts to introduce myself to you."

"Aww Bran, that's really sweet of you." I said giving him a hug.  " We better get going.  We need to get you ready for your signing.

"That's right.  Do we have to go?"  Brandon said pouting his lips.

"Yes!  We can't just leave Biebs there by himself!"

"Oh Biebs.  He's something else."

We started walking out the door as we said goodbye to Louie and Candy.  We walked back to Brandon's car and made our way back to the arena.  After the quick car ride Brandon met up with Jeff Skinner for their signing appearance.  Back at the office, the trade rumor mill was going rapidly.  Reports that we were getting Jordan Staal were flying all over the place.  The only question was who were we offering.  Yes, it would be great to have two of the Staal's together, but I had grown so attached to all of the players and they were family to me.  I kept hearing Brandon's name getting thrown around along with some of our prospects. I had to tell him before he got the news.  My blackberry started ringing "Yeah" by Usher.  Ohhh shiii.  Brandon was calling to see if I was coming.

"I'm on my way out of the office, I swear!" I said laughing.

"Alright! Biebs and I were getting bored out here in the car." 

"I'll see you guys in a few.  I just have to grab a few things."

"Okay, see ya Jen!"

I grabbed my purse and the bin full of surprises the Canes had packed for the fans who came.  I also grabbed a couple waters for the boys.  I finally made my way out of the arena.  The boys were sitting there jamming to "Drunk on You".  Now this was going to be a fun ride to the signing.

"Ready boys?" I said getting into Brandon's car.

"We're as ready as we'll ever be!" Jeff said making his way into the backseat.

"Well let's get this show going"

Brandon pulled out of the parking lot and we were on our way.

"So, Jen.  What's this I'm hearing about getting Staal?"

"That's all I heard about once I got back to the office."

"Anything new?" Jeff asked.

"Well, nothing is set in stone yet.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I'm pretty sure this is going to happen though."

Brandon put on some old 90s songs as we were laughing and singing along.  I really wish I would have recorded this.  We made it to Dick's Sporting Goods for the signing with about 15 minutes to spare.  The employees were really great and helpful with getting everything ready for us.  I didn't have much to worry about with Brandon and Biebs saying anything out of hand at these type of things.  Other players, yes.  It's a miracle when we can get Biebs to say fuck.

Brandon and Jeff did a great job with the signing.  A lot of kids showed up and were very excited to see them.  It was so cute to hear them say, "We want to play for the Canes someday like you guys!"  I knew the guys appreciated it because I'm sure they did the same when they were young.  We were wrapping things up when I got a text from Eric Staal. 

drinking night @ jay's bar.  be there

"Hey did you get the text from Eric?" Brandon asked.

"Yep! Do you want to go? I think it'd be fun."

"Yeah! Would you go as my date?"

"Of course I would!" I said giving him a hug.

"Yeah Sutterrrrrr!" Biebs yelled from the background.

"You told Jeff what happened?"

"Of course. Biebs knew something was up!" Brandon said laughing.

We were on our way back to the arena to go back and get Jeff's and my car.  I was definitely looking forward to tonight.

"Well I will pick you up tonight around 9 if that sounds good to you." Brandon said walking me to my car.

"That sounds great.  I'm looking forward to it." I said with a big smile.

"Bye Jenn" Brandon said giving me a kiss.

"Bye Bran".  I said getting into my car.  Tonight is going to be sick.

I made my way home to get a shower and get ready for the night.  The shower felt so good especially with the North Carolina heat.  For dinner I put together a salad. I finally decided on this as my outfit for the night.

I really hoped Brandon would like it.  I painted my nails so that they would go with my outfit.  It was a little after 8:30 when I heard a knock on the door.  It was Brandon. All of a sudden I got butterflies in my stomach. I quickly opened the door and let him in.

"Hi Jen!"  he said giving me a kiss.  "You look amazing!"

"Thanks Bran!  You look pretty good yourself!"

"I'm really excited about tonight!"

"Me too!  I hope everybody shows up!'

"Shall we go?"

"I'm ready to go when you are."  Brandon opened the door for me and I locked it.  Jay's Bar was this local bar that the guys loved to hang out at.  When we arrived the place was filled.  Brandon didn't leave my side.

"Jen, what can I get you to drink?"

"A Labatt would be great. Thank you!"

A couple minutes later Brandon was back with our drinks.  Brandon and I were having a great time getting a little flirty.  Eric Staal managed to find his way to us with shots of Jack.  A few shots later and we were pretty lit.  Half the team ended up singing "Call Me Maybe".  We finally found two spots at the bar that were available.  Brandon and I grabbed the chairs really quick.

"So I know you aren't really supposed to saying anything, but can I ask you something?"

"Is it about work?"

"Yeah"

"What is it?"

"Who's going with the Staal deal? I know it's happening."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Definitely.  I just want to know."

"It's probably you." I said putting my head down.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! I LOVED IT!! GIVE ME MORE! i love jen and bran together, they are so freakin cute!! I CANT WAIT FOR MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jen and Bran so cute. Snap being traded dun dun dun. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love this update. Please keep Bran and Jen together!

    ReplyDelete