Thursday, February 3, 2011

There's Nothing In The World That Could Change My Mind

Pulling into the RBC Center employee parking lot I realized that I forgotten my laptop at my boyfriend's house. I knew I had forgotten something, maybe Nick would come drop it of for me, but that was doubtful. I started getting out of the car as I called Nick from my blackberry. It just kept ringing and ringing so I had to leave a voicemail.

"Hey it's me, I left my laptop over at your place. Could you drive it over here? Love you."

I put my blackberry back into my purse. Of course he wouldn't pick up the phone, he probably went back to sleep. Walking into my office I ran into Brandon Sutter. Brandon had become one of my best friends on the team ever since I got hired.

"Hey Jen! How's your morning going?" Brandon asked.

"Oh not too good, I left my laptop over at Nick's and he won't pick up the phone. What about you bud?"

"Ugh he's such a jerk, Jen. I'm doing pretty good, just a little tired."

"Do you want a cup of coffee? I'm going to put on a pot right now."

"Yeah that would be great! I don't have to be down in the locker room for another twenty minutes."

"Wow someone's early this morning!"


"Well I wanted to see if I could help you with any last minute stuff for the carnival."

"Aww that's really nice of you." I could hear my phone starting to go off in my purse. "Just a second Bran." I looked on the screen to see that it was Nick.

"Hello?"

"Why the hell did you call me? You knew I would be sleeping! God damn it."

"What? I'm sorry! I really need my laptop though." I looked over and saw Brandon just sitting there shaking his head.

"Well I'll think about it."


"What do you mean you'll think about it?" I said starting to get frustrated.


"It means I'll think about it. What are you going to do for me?"

"I do everything for you! I'm just asking you to do one thing for me. Please."

"You're such a liar. You need me!"


"Just forget it Nick. I'm sorry I even bothered you."


"Good, you better be! Bye!" Nick yelled out as he hung up.

Damn it, what am I going to do now. I wanted to get the final touches done for the signings for tomorrow, but I'm guess that'll have to wait until I get back to Nick's place. I sat at my desk holding my head in my hands.


"Jen, I'm really sorry. You deserve so much better. It makes me so sad seeing you like this." Brandon said as he handed me a cup of coffee.


"Thanks Brandon. You're such a great friend." I said standing up a giving him a hug.

"You need to leave him. I don't want him doing anything to you."

"I'll be alright. You need to worry about getting down to practice. You're going to be late, silly."

"Aww crap! Thanks for reminding me! I'll talk to you later!" he said running out of the office.

"Bye Brandon!"


I was definitely nervous to what would happen when I went to Nick's. World War III? I really hope it wouldn't happen. The truth was I was really scared to leave. The day was going by pretty past since they needed me to run errands around the arena Before I knew it practice was over and Brandon had made his way to my office.

"Hey are you doing anything for lunch?" he said peeking in.


"I was going to drive over and get my laptop. Want to come?"


"Yeah sure! I have a signing afterwards that I would like you to come to."


"You goober, I have to be there. I have to make sure everything runs smoothly."


"I know, I was just kidding you! I'll drive, ok?"


"Sounds good to me!" I grabbed my jacket. I looked over to see what time it was on the clock. It was only noon. We still had an hour and a half before the signing.

"Ready to go, Jen?" Brandon asked waiting by the door.

"Yep, ready!"

Brandon and I walked to the parking lot. We got into his car and were on our way to my house. Brandon turned on the radio and started singing Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. I couldn't help but start laughing at him.

"What, you think that's funny?"

"No, of course not!" I said with a big grin on my face. "Brandon you're always funny."

"Me, funny? Never!"

We both starting laughing and joking around. Why couldn't my life always be fun like this? About ten minutes later we were pulling into my driveway. Nick's car was still there.

"Would you go in with me? Nick's still here."

"Of course I will. I wouldn't want you going in there regardless."

We walked up to the door and I opened it. My dogs Louie and Candy were laying there exhausted. He must have not fed them today.

"Here do you want me to feed them while you go get your laptop, Jen?"

"That would be great. Thanks so much."

"Are you back already? Who's in here with you?" Nick was yelling down the hallway.

"Yeah I'm just getting my laptop. Brandon is here too." I knew a fight was going to start just from that.

"What do you mean Brandon is here?!"

"It means Brandon is here. There is nothing wrong with that. We have his signing to go to this afternoon."

"You're unbelievable Jen. You show up here with a stupid hockey player."

"He's not stupid! He's one of my best friends and actually cares about me!"

Brandon stood up and got in between Nick and I.

"Stay out of this!" Nick yelled.

"Why should I stay out of this? You treat Jen worse than a piece of dirt!" Brandon yelled.

"Look Nick I just want you to leave! I'm tired of living my life like this. It's over!"

"Don't think you're coming back to me!" Nick yelled.

"I wouldn't even dream of it!"

Nick stormed off in the hallway while Brandon and I sat down on the couch. I couldn't believe I finally stood up to him. No more screaming and fights. I could finally be myself again thanks to Brandon. I didn't have to live my life in fear anymore.

"Here!" Nick said slamming his key on the coffee table.

"Thanks! That's the most you have ever done for me!"

I heard the door slam behind Nick. He was finally gone.


"I can't believe he treated you like that! Jen, that was completely ridiculous!"

Deep down I knew Brandon would never do anything like that to me. He always had my best interest in mind. I was so lucky to have him in my life.

"Thanks so much for being here. I really couldn't have done it without you."

"I just want you to be safe.I can protect you, Jen. I would do anything for you."

"I know you can."

Before I could finish I felt Brandon's lips crashing into mine. Sparks flew immediately. It was nothing like I had ever felt before.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE IT!!! Jen and Brandon are so amazing and Nick needed the boot, treating her like shit. I hope Brandon can prove that he is worth it and definitely not going to hurt her... awwwe! HE KISSED HER!!! amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jen and Brandpn are so cute. That's not cool to treat her like shit. Loved it girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so cute. Nick treating her like crap is so not right but he got what he was coming for. Brandon and Jen deserve to be together! :)

    ReplyDelete